Make money advertising other products on YouTube
As the biggest free video sharing platform in the world, YouTube is the best platform to share your videos and get your desired viewers.
Although there are still numerous video streaming platforms out there such as vimeo, metacafe, hulu, screen junckies, and many more to mention but a few, to me, YouTube stands out.
It may interest you to know that about 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute! Almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day. YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day. In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube. How cool will it be if you tapped into those views to advertise products and/or service and make money doing so?
Who can make money advertising on YouTube?
- Affiliate Marketers: an affiliate marketer writes reviews, places banner ads etc about a product or products and gets a commission when that particular product is purchased via his/her affiliate link. You can read more about affiliate marketing here. This is a huge advantage for affiliate marketers as you can put links to the product(s) you reviewed in the description of the videos and even if you don’tget viewers to go and buy the products from your affiliate company, you may still make money using Google Adsense if an advert is placed during the video view.
- Content creators (such as writers, bloggers etc): content creators such as bloggers write articles on particular niches and post it on websites. He/she then places adverts about products and a purchase made through their link or coming from their website attracts a commission also.
- Product Manufacturers: in this context, making money with YouTube while advertising as a product manufacturer is risky. This is because Google may place adverts on your video which is about the same product that you manufacture and the viewer may prefer that product to yours therefore you will be losing potential customers. But if you don’t mind, you can go ahead with it.
- And almost everybody who can make a video.
Who can make monetary income on YouTube is not limited to the above mentioned only but those are the most used.
Read also: Affiliate marketing
How to start making money while advertising on YouTube (Double Income)
- After or before creating a YouTube channel, you can make videos on your products and/or services or the products that you are advertising as an affiliate marketer,
- Upload the video(s) on your YouTube channel.
- Promote your videos using social media (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc), word of mouth, etc
- Wait until you get at least 10,000 video views and 1,000 subscribers on your channel
- Create a Google Adsense account and link it to your YouTube channel
- Enable monetization and monetize with ads.
- And you are done……
YouTube will start placing ads on your videos and you will start making money from every video view that an ad show up.
Note: If you are a product manufacturer, you may want to consider that you may be directing customers to other businesses other than yours if you activate monetization.
You can always check your channel statistics to know how many views you are getting and how much you are getting from those views.
Indicate in the comments section below if you know of other ways to make money while advertising on YouTube. Thanks.